Subject: Animated LW meshes in realtime games
From: [email-masked] (Saiyad Abdul)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 06:00:39 -0500

Is anyone aware of any way to save multiple iterations of a mesh in an
automated fashion?....I am working on object meshes(characters) for use in a
real-time game...I planned to break the characters into probably about 12
parts(eg. upper arm, lower arm, upper torso, lower tors...etc) and then
group and animate in Layout. Is there any way to save all grouped objects
in one shot(maybe even as a new object)....I know by saving each object in the
hierarchy as a transformed object I can accomplish what I want but this
would just be a pain considering the amount of tweaking that will be
involved before the characters would be perfected. Any help would be
appreciated...
If the above was confusing this what I want to do in nice broken english :)

1) build the chunks of a guy in modeller
2) group chunks into a guy, and animate in Layout
3) save animated chunks/guy as sequential separate objects or preferrably
   one new sequential object(eg guywalk01.lwo, guywalk02.lwo)

Is this possible? Have I missed something really simple(I do that
sometimes :))......Please, Please help me and save my clicking finger from
RSI due to hitting to save transformed too many times....

PS. If it can't do this does anyone know of a plugin that might, or
would anyone be interested in a plugin that would?

Sai